- 6 p.m.
- 3rd Tuesday of every month
- Village Hall
3715 Clemmons Road
Clemmons, NC 27012
All meetings are open to the public.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Brad Hunter, Chair
- Martin Majorel, Vice Chair
- Rob Cockrum
- Tressa Krenzer
- Carolyn Miller
- Thomas Mekis
- David Orrell
- Bobby Patterson, Secretary
- Edee Wilcox
The Planning Board was created by ordinance on June 19, 1989. The Planning Board is an advisory board appointed by the Village Council and composed of 9 members each serving staggered three-year terms.
New appointments are made in June of each year for those terms that expire.
Join the Board
Interested citizens are encouraged to apply for vacancies on this board. Call 336-766-7511 for more information or apply by completing the Board Application.
Duties & Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of those serving on the Planning Board as stated in ordinance 95-15 as amended on August 14, 1995 are as follows:
- At the direction of, or with the approval of the Village Council, to make studies of the area within its jurisdiction and surrounding areas
- Determine the objectives to be sought in the development of the study area, and work in conjunction with the Appearance Commission on community design and appearance
- Prepare and adopt plans for achieving objectives
- To facilitate the ability to gather information pertinent to the drafting, establishment, and maintenance of a community development plan, the Board may conduct such public hearings as are necessary
- To appoint committees from within the Planning Board and Appearance Commission membership and to authorize expenditures, as it may see fit, subject to limitations of funds provided for the Planning Board by the Village Council
- To develop and recommend policies, ordinances, administrative procedures (including cost analysis) and the means for carrying out these plans
- Exercise any function in the administration of these plans that the Village Council may direct
- To perform any other duties that the Village Council may direct
- To review and make recommendations to the Village Council upon:
- The extent, location, and design of all public structures and facilities, on the acquisition and disposal of public properties
- The opening, abandonment, widening, extension, narrowing or other changes to streets or other public ways
- Construction, extension, expansion or abandonment of utilities whether publicly or privately owned
- However, in the absence of a recommendation from the Board after the expiration of 30 days from the date on which the question was submitted in writing to the Board, the Village Council may take final action.
- To enter and carry out contracts with any other city, county or regional council or planning agency under which it agrees to furnish technical assistance to the other local governments or planning agency, for pay or other services rendered, as allowed by the Village Council. The Planning Board, as allowed by the Village Council, may enter into and carry out contracts with any other city, county, or regional planning agency under which it agrees to pay the other local government or planning agency for technical assistance.
- The Board shall, annually, submit to the Village Council a written report of its activities and an analysis of the expenditures to date for operation during the ensuing year.
- In order to promote interest in and understanding of its recommendations, the Planning Board, upon approval of the Village Council may publish and distribute copies of its recommendations, and it may use other means of publicity and education to these same ends, as is concurrently agreed with by the Village Council.
- Members may attend planning conferences or meetings of planning institutes or hearings on pending planning legislation, and the Village may pay reasonable expenses with the Planning Board budget as appropriated.