Rules for Public Comments & Public Hearings
Rules for Public Comments
- Please sign-in to speak. The sign-in sheet for public comments is located on the rear table in the Council room. It is very important that you sign in so the Mayor will be aware that you want to address the Council.
- Speakers are allowed three minutes to address the Council on any matter.
- The Public Comments Session is held at the beginning of the meeting, before the business section.
- The Mayor will call your name when it is your turn to speak. Please give your name and address for the record prior to talking about your issue.
- The Council will not normally discuss your issue if it is not a listed agenda item. The Council may choose to place your item on a future agenda.
- Any person wishing to address Town Council and/or Planning Board during the general public comment period may physically sign up in person at the meeting. If you are unable to attend and speak during the meeting, you may use this form to submit a digital public comment. These submissions are not intended to be discussed at the meetings. It is not necessary to pre-submit digital comments in addition to comments made during the meeting.