Welcome to the Village of Clemmons Public Works Department. The Public Works Department is dedicated to providing an unsurpassed level of service to the residents of the Village of Clemmons, both via the service we provide as well as the services we contract out.
- Emergency Management - In the event of an emergency, the Village staff works in conjunction with the Clemmons Fire Department as well as Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Emergency Management and the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office to make sure Village residents are safe and back to normal as quick as possible.
- Holiday Decorations - Throughout the year our staff will put up holiday decorations (lights, banners, flags). Most are hung on utility poles along Highway 158 and Lewisville-Clemmons Road.
- Inspection Services - The Village Inspection Department is responsible for issuing driveway permits as well as verifying compliance with local ordinances.
- Landscaping and Arborist Activities - Our Landscaping Division provides a wide variety of services to make Clemmons look its very best.
- Snow Removal - In the winter months, the Village occasionally receives ice and snow. When it is predicted, our staff swaps their caps for toboggans and starts spreading salt brine to prepare our roads. If we receive more ice or snow than the brine can melt, our equipment is transformed into snow plows to clear the roads. We work hand in hand with the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) to keep our residents moving.
- Street Maintenance - The Village is responsible for maintaining the public roads which are not NCDOT roads. Once a year an assessment is done to determine the condition of the streets. Based on the condition and money in the budget, paving projects are scheduled. Paving is done both with Village staff and contracted with various paving companies. The major thoroughfares such as Lewisville-Clemmons Road, Highway 158, Harper Road, etc. are maintained by the NCDOT.